Tuesday, April 6, 2010
I would not, could not, in a box.
I could not, would not, with a fox.
I will not eat them with a mouse.
I will not eat them in a house.
I will not eat them here or there.
I will not eat them anywhere.
I do not eat green eggs and ham.
I do not like them, Sam-I-am.
I don't like eggs anymore............
It's hard to be an altoholic sometimes. The Noblegarden meta is upon us, and as an altoholic, I feel compelled to try to complete it with all my toons, especially since it's one that doesn't require you to go into Northrend dungeons, and it will be the first title that they can achieve. Theoretically, you could get this done at like level 1, not counting the XP you'd get for discovering areas.
You'd need at least 105 eggs collected (100 to eat, 5 to buy an egg for Noble Garden) , assuming you got the
Spring Rabbit, Spring Robes, and Blossoming Branch as drops. You can buy the pieces for the Blushing Bride off the AH, so don't worry about them.
WoW.com already has a write-up for normal folks that are concerned with only getting the title for their mains, but I thought I'd add a few ideas for the people who want it for more than a few alts.
1. Collect 100+ Eggs. You're going to need to eat 100 of these for the Chocoholic achievement, and if you're not lucky enough to have the Spring Rabbit drop while you're collecting them, you'll need to buy the rabbit for an ADDITIONAL 100 eggs. Oh yeah, if you're a mage, you'll need 100 MORE eggs for the Rabbit Morph book. My strategy has been to collect about 100 eggs, then start eating everything over that. If I haven't gotten the rabbit to drop by the time I get the 100 eggs eaten, then I just hand in my overstock 100 eggs for the rabbit, and never, EVER pick up an egg again if I can help it.
2. Get your Spring Rabbit ASAP. People will be doing the Spring Fling achievement only in the first few days of the week, and after that, it'll be a lot more difficult to get it done, especially if you need it for 10 alts in each town. I'll probably end up paying someone to come out to each town to romance my rabbit for a few of my alts.
3. Get Hard Boiled done quickly as well. Hopefully you can just ask people in the zone to help you get it done, since they'd be coming to do the same thing. However, after the first day, it's hard to find people doing it. If need be, just get all your alts but your highest to the Hot Springs, and have that one back in the capitol city spam trade chat for someone to come out with enough Blossoming Branches to be able to transform all your alts. I figure 5 gold for each one, times 9 or 10, should be a decent reward for someone's time.
4. Desert Rose is actually not something you have to worry about. It doesn't need to be done during the meta week, you can get it done anytime during the year. Banesidhe, my original mage, actually got this done the day before Noblegarden started.
5. Another achievement that can be accomplished during the year is Shake Your Bunny-Maker. Bloodshrike on Darrowmere was actually my first toon to ever get the title, and she got it on (I'll have to check the date when wow is done with maintenance). No time limit on this, probably because Blizz realized that some of the races are rarely represented on some servers.
I'm going to need at least 2100 eggs this year, to get this done for all my toons. Why not 3150? Well, I was dedicated enough last year to get the Spring Rabbits for all my toons on Darrowmere, before just giving up on the achievement. It might be a bit less than that, since I haven't checked what toons have the rabbit on Demon Soul, but none of my toons on Daggerspine have the rabbit, since I really didn't like the way any of the Alliance towns placed the eggs.
I've got the title already for Clockwrkmage and Tsuris on Daggerspine on Sunday, Bloodshrike on Darrowmere already had it, and I think I'm pretty close on most of Demon Soul. Wish me luck!