Saturday, February 6, 2010

"Jump, jump, jump around!"

What's your favorite quest in WoW? There's some quests you loathe, and breathe a sigh of relief when you complete them, and others that you always enjoy, even after the 20th time. My favorite is this one. I don't know why, it's just fun to see how fast I can jump up the mountain, with as little time spent on the ground as possible.

And conversely, I really came to dislike the hunt for shiny baubles that I completed, ad nauseum, after I got exalted with the Frenzyheart, and rashly decided to go for both reps. Luckily, I did get the transformation item from the Frenzyheart on my first Ripe Jar, but then I had to start over again on the rep grind with the Oracles. The shiny treasure quest just bugs me for some reason. I don't mind killing Frenzyheart, it actually is kinda fun to send my gorilla and Jaloot into the middle of the flat rock on the north side of Kartak's hold, gather 22 of the warriors, then annihilate them with 1-2 volleys. The other quests where I have to fly around to the tops of mountains don't bother me either, as it gives me a chance to search for Loque.

2 comments:

  1. I always enjoy the quests in the human start area. They bring back nice memories.

    And I like them because they are the kind of quests I would prefer. Everyone can't be a superhero and defeat Arthas. But everyone can help a beautiful girl to get her vintage.

    For me the game would be much better if it would be more about the world and less about the few supervillains in it.

    But the best quest ever is the one in Suckcrown where you take control of the mob who can climb and jump and your quest is to throw rocks at mobs so they kill each other. Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kring - It's hard to remember which starting quests I liked the most....I'd have to say Night Elf, probably. The whole zone is beautiful and peaceful.

    And I wrote that post JUST before I did the Geist quest, and I definitely agree that that one should have replayability.

    ReplyDelete