Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Death of a Twink

11/26/08


Bloodshrike got to level 53 last night, finishing up all the yellow quests I had in my quest log for Hinterlands. Actually, it was probably about 5 quests that got knocked out in one area (Jintha’Alor), which is very nice, as I hate having to do a quest in an area, only to find out that I have to come back there to kill a group of monsters that were RIGHT NEXT to the ones I went there for originally. The Harpy quests in NW Barrens comes to mind, as you have to travel up there THREE different times in the quest chain to get to the end quest.

But in Jintha’Alor, I just ran through, killing X number of mobs, collecting 10 of the cauldrons, finding the Huntsman’s Skull and Bones in the sludge pit and wolf den, freeing Elder Runetusk, killing the High Priestess Hexx (she didn’t stand a chance against my pet and my dragonling, even though she polymorphed me), and finally hearthing back to the village to turn them all in. There’s still a few green quests that I could do, but I’m not sure where to go after this. Maybe Felwood in Durotar, I think Alchemists can get recipes by grinding Timbermaw rep.

Unfortunately, there’s no engineering recipes they give, which also goes for Thorium Brotherhood rep, so I probably won’t be grind rep for them. I think Thorium Brotherhood is only for Blacksmithing, Leatherworking, Tailoring, Enchanting…..and maybe Alchemy? I checked--alchemists can transmute 1 Heart of Fire into 3 Elemental Fire with Friendly Rep. Wow, totally not worth it.

It looks like Alchemists can get Transmute: Earth to Water at Friendly status to Timbermaw, so maybe he’ll do that. Alchemists and Engineers are screwed on Cenarion Circle rep as well (Recipes for BS, Ench, LW, Tailor)……Geez, what gives!

So about that Death of a Twink headline – Yup, one of my twinks is going bye-bye. I thought that Blizzard had said that in order to make a Death Knight, you wouldn’t have to change over one of your existing characters, or delete any. I figured wrong. You still can only make 10 toons per account, so I’m going to have to delete Sansetsukon off of Demon Soul if I want to try out a Death Knight. Tauren Hunters…..heck, Tauren anything just aren’t that fun to me. I like my Tauren Warrior Bullkathos, but on Demon Soul, I also have a Tauren Shaman and Druid, as well as the twink hunter. There’s not really enough character design implemented to make them look very different from each other, which is something that you can do with Blood Elves. All …..6 of the BE on Darrowmere look totally different from one another, which is very cool. They also don’t have that hunchback look that Undead, Tauren, Orcs, and Trolls tend to have. BE’s are the only ones that stand up straight in the Horde Faction.

Anyways, Sansetsukon needs to be axed. I think I only played him in Battlegrounds once, to get the Olympic Tabard, so it’s no big loss. I spent a hundred or so gold on his bank slots, but with 33k gold on Demon Soul, I think I can afford it.
I’ll give it until I hit 55 with Bloodshrike, and see if they will magically open up another slot then.

No comments:

Post a Comment