Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The planning of a Twink

8/1/08

I decided to level my future Darrowmere twink rogue Annihilus last night, getting her from level 16 to level 18 in about 1.5 hours. One of the problems I have is trying NOT to accumulate experience while questing, as I only want to rack up reputation with Tranquillien, since I’ll probably have her run through Wailing Caverns and perhaps the Deadmines as well. I know Deadmines has a bunch of blue static drops that are useful for Rogues, such as Buzzer Blade and Buzz Saw from Sneed’s Shredder, Smelting Pants from Gilnid, and Blackened Defias Armor from Van Cleef. From Wailing CavernsI’d want Serpent's Shoulders from Lady Anaconda, Tail Spike from Skum, and [Venomstrike] from Lord Serpentis if I can get them. I also need to run around Stranglethorn Vale to discover Yojamba Isle, get the flight points for Grom’gol and Booty Bay, and then drop mining and take up Jewelcrafting (for the healing stone statues, and to make rings and necklaces for my other alts) once I’m ready to do WSG.

It’s funny, I do all this preparation, and I bet I’ll probably barely play her in the battlegrounds. I just can’t grind anything….except professions, and I’ve gotten that down to a science, whereas before it could take a couple of hours to get from like 150 to 225 engineering, it only takes me about 30 minutes now. Granted, I could use a leveling guide, and have ALL the materials ready beforehand, but I usually am able to pick out what I need from my guild bank, and I usually deviate from the guides as I level, since I’m usually making at least 8-10 of every item, to use on my toons as I’m leveling up.

Take Jewelcrafting, for instance. I’ll be making copious quantities of the Aquamarine Pendant of the Warrior and the Pendant of the Agate Shield, since most of my toons can benefit from the extra stamina, which stacks on top of scroll and well-fed buffs. So, the guides out there don’t really work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment