Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Neutral Auction House and recipes

4/9/08

I didn’t get around to ghostrunning in Outlands last night, but I did come to a realization that you can make a lot of gold by selling recipes on the neutral AH. Not useful recipes, like the Herbalist glove or Red Whelp glove, but the ones that completionists look for, like the Yellow Shirt from Darkshire, or the 2 Barrens recipes that Allies can rarely get. I’m talking about the Savory Deviate Delight and the Elixir of Giant growth, both of which only drop from mobs in the Barrens.

Even on a low pop server like Darrowmere, I can buy the Deviate recipe for 15 gold on the AH, and turn around and sell it for 50 gold. The Giant growth recipe I buy for 2 gold, and sell it for 10 gold. All you need is an alt posted in Booty Bay (the easiest neutral AH to get to), and a few minutes a day. I usually log out in the inn, so I don’t have to wait for 20 seconds to log out. Once I log in, I go to the leatherworking supplies vendor to look for the Shadowskin gloves recipe & the Gem-studded belt recipe, which I’ll sell on neutral AH or my capitol city AH for 5-6 gold and 3-4 gold, respectively.

Once I buy them, I jump off the ledge to talk to the engineering vendor, to buy Coarse blasting powder and occasionally the Accurate scope recipe (can sell for 1-3 gold in your own AH). Then check the guy at the end of the building who’s selling parrots, since he also sells the Black Swashbuckler shirt recipe ( can sell on your own AH for 3-5 gold). Then you head to the Auctioneer, and post the Savory Deviate Delight and Elixir of Giant growth recipes, and wait for the money to roll in.

No comments:

Post a Comment