Tuesday, December 23, 2008

An Addict's checklist

7/23/08

I’m getting burned out on the whole making money on the AH thing. With 3 of my own servers to check, each with 1-2 people that sell stuff on the AH, and have a whole laundry list of things to check for cheap prices on, it gets really time consuming. For example, I have Bullkathos & Kukoshakaku on Demonsoul as my main sellers. Kukoshakaku is my LW, who will check for cheap prices on Shadowcat hide, spider’s silk, Large Fang, Heavy Hide, and Heavy Leather. He also puts up 1 Arcanite rod at 75-90 gold, and a Sniper scope at 25-30 gold, to provide a high price for Bullkathos to price multiples of the same item and undercut Kuko’s prices. Bullkathos will check gobl (anything goblin), gnom (anything gnomish), mech (for the mechbuilder’s overalls and mechanical toad recipe), and dragonl (to see if the Arcanite dragonling recipe is being posted, or if the actual trinket is posted). He also scans parts, items, and explosives under the trade goods section, to see if there’s anything posted at a cheap price. Then I type elemental (for fire/air/water/earth), essence of (fire/air/water/earth/undeath), Core of Earth, Heart of Fire, Living essence (for my next engineer who hits lvl 35, so they can powerlevel using the mechanical toad recipe). I also look up simple gems, since that’s all I’m using at the current time, paying particular attention to the Star Ruby and Arcane Crystal prices, since I make most of my gold from Sniper Scopes and Arcanite Rods/Bars.

Same thing with Clockwrkmage and Tsuris on Daggerspine, and Clockwrkmage on Darrowmere is my only seller. I open all my mail from the previous day, repost stuff that didn’t sell, and make stuff if I have the mats assembled. Then, I go to the opposite factions AH, using Kevin’s account, and do pretty much the same thing. I can get home at 5, and maybe finish up with checking the AH by 8 pm. It’s no kind of life, especially since I don’t really need gold much anymore. I’ve got packed guild banks to draw upon (3 tabs on Demon Soul and Daggerspine, 2 on Darrowmere), I’ve bought most of the 1-300 level recipes for ALL my toons, and yet it’s still hard to stop checking for bargains. I originally started this because I wanted to have enough to buy mounts at level 40 for all my toons on Demon Soul. Well, now that they’ve lowered the price to 35 gold for training, and about 8 g for the mount, I’ve got about 15x25=375 mounts (G15,000).

It HAS worked out for me getting recipes that weren’t posted on my own factions AH, like the Steel Weapon Chain BS recipe. I’ve gotten that for both Daggerspine and Darrowmere from the opposing factions AH, because it’s never offered on my own. I still want the Thorium Shield Spike recipe for those 2 servers though, because it’s so cheap to make, and makes it very easy and cheap to level from 285 to 300 Blacksmithing. Not to mention it’s almost as damaging as the Felsteel spike, and way….way…way cheaper to make.

Onto giving updates on my toons. I’ve gotten 2 level 44’s on Demon Soul, and 2 lvl 42’s on Daggerspine. I also went down the list and got all of my toons to at least lvl 11 on Darrowmere, having them each run to TB when they hit level 10, so they could get all the weapon masters and waypoints along the way, do the quest for the Kodo hide bag recipe, and then fly to Ratchett to powerlevel engineering to 150.

I have it down to a science now. Do about 40 rough stones to get to about 30+ engineering, then do about 80 copper bars to make 80 copper bolts (needed to make target dummies). Make enough copper tubes (usually about 5 or so) to level up enough to make copper modulators, and make them until you get to 75 engineering. At that point you have a choice. You can either make 20 Coarse stones into 20 Coarse Blasting powder, or continue making copper modulators. Either way, continue until you can make Target dummies, then start cranking them out. I usually end up with about 20 target dummies at level 105 engineering. I usually make some bronze tubes or EZ-throw dynamite (for my priest) or small seaforium charges at this point, in order to level up to 125.

At 125 you can make Heavy Blasting powder, and then turn around and use it in making Heavy Dynamite. That pretty much takes you up to 150, where I’m able to equip my Green-Eye Goggles (the ones that give +8 stamina and spirit), which provides a big boost to any level 10 character, no matter the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment