Friday, November 14, 2008

Beastmaster Twink in Battlegrounds

2/20/08
I didn’t really do much for a few days last week, just posting my auctions and making gold. However, the weekend started off with a bang! Doomslinger, my hunter twink, actually got played in a battleground!!!!! I turned in a couple of quests from the Deadmines to level up to 19, and immediately headed for Darkshore. I ran up to Ruins of Althalaxx, logged out, and brought Ryoushigishi over. I had him use Find Treasure tracking to easily find the Cat Statues, cleared the area of all naga, and brought in Doomslinger to open the statue. The first 3 were dummies, but the 4th had a lvl 19 Ghost Saber, so I dropped the interim pet I had picked up, and tamed the cat easily. After that I headed back to Stormwind to get the cat’s loyalty up by killing enemies that were still green to me, so the cat would receive XP. I did the quest Trouble on the Coast, where you have to kill 28 murlocs on the coast of Westfall. I completed it, but didn’t turn it in, because I was only about 300 xp away from leveling at that point.

After that I got a 100 health enchant put on the Tunic of Westfall, and on a whim, actually ran to a battlemaster and joined the queue for Warsong Gulch. I’m a very cautious player, and I hate being made fun of, so I had been hesitant of doing this with my Horde twink hunter Sansetsukon. By this time however, I have spent a lot of time playing hunters, and have a lot more of an understanding of how to use them and their pets. Warsong Gulch was fun! 10 Allies against 8 Horde, and it seemed a lot of the players didn’t know what they were doing. They were just meeting in the middle, and duking it out. Only a few players bothered running for the flags, so the Alliance ended up winning. I did find out that all my items still worked in battlegrounds, including my engineering bombs! It’s very satisfying to toss a bomb at a group of enemies, and see them all get weakened to the point where a few shots will take them out. We won the game, and I had 27 kills and 14,000+ damage, which was a few thousand above anyone else in the game. Beastmaster Hunters Rule!

I also leveled up Kishigishi (paladin) and Ryoushigishi (hunter) in Southshore. They’re my 2 highest characters, both were around level 32, and they had professions that complimented each other. Kishi is a miner, and Ryo is a skinner. Where in Hillsbrad Foothills does that complement each other? The yeti caves, of course! The yeti’s are humanoids, but they can be skinned for medium and heavy leather, and there’s a few Iron/Gold/Mithril deposits that pop up randomly in the cave, along with the occasional Solid Chest. I would start Kishi killing yetis from one of the small cave offshoots on the bottom, kill towards the middle, then log out and bring in Ryo to skin what I had killed. He would continue killing and skinning into the other offshoot, then log out to let Kishi mine whatever Ore veins were in there. They were also very good at killing any Horde that came into the caves too. After the first level 29 druid stealthed over and attacked me from the back while lvl 32 Kishi was busy taking on 2 yeti’s at once, and caused me die from the yeti’s, I adopted the same concept that most WOW pvp realm players have. “If it’s not my faction, kill it!” Every other Horde character that came down there got killed. I think Ryo got about 6 kills, and Kishi got about 4. I only died when they got a ??? Horde mage to come in and fireball Kishi to death. But, I ran right back over there and unleashed hell right back on the next Hordie I encountered. Kishi got to about level 208 Mining doing this, but I was getting bored of logging in and out, so I decided to take her adventuring, and clear out some of the quests from Southshore.

While I was doing the Mountain Lion and Syndicate Footpad/Thief quest in Corahn’s Dagger, a level 36 Warlock attacked my level 34 paladin while she was at half health from finishing off a mountain lion. He Feared me, of course, and as I ran uncontrollably towards the cliff edge I decided to go with it. I bubbled up and jumped off, and ran out of sight of the warlock. I was annoyed, and so I was like “F* it, you’re on!” I didn’t care if I died, and figured I probably would, but I wanted to make this squishie hurt. Kishi had gotten a Goblin Mortar trinket off the AH a while back, and I’ve used it sparingly so far, as I can only reload it once I’ve dropped engineering and built it back up to respecc for Goblin engineering. I ran back around, and saw the warlock chilling on the side of the hill with his void walker. I fired off the Goblin Mortar at a long distance, to stun him and heavily damage both of them. I ran up close and used my stun ability to keep him locked up, and finished it off with a Solid Dynamite blast. Incidentally, I discovered the Goblin Mortar DOESN’T have a shared cooldown with the rest of the engineering bombs. Since it’s a trinket, I guess it makes sense. I had a hunch that he might try to Soulstone resurrect, so I ran over the hill while still targeting his corpse. Once I was out of sight, he did, so I came back to stuff some more dynamite into his face.

After that, I ran over to Sofera’s Naze, because there were too few Footpad’s in Corahn’s Dagger. I finished that quest up, and decided to keep heading north to Gallows Corner to do Crushridge Bounty. Since it was a drop quest (collect 9 knucklebones from the ogres), I knew it would take a lot more than 9 ogres to get all of them. I decided to speed things up a bit. I let off a Mechanical Harvest Reaper robot, and that little guy stuck by me for 10 minutes, doing almost as much damage as I was. I was using my sword/shield combo, because the ogres tended to block my 2-handed hammer swings too much, and I was doing about 70-80 damage each hit. The little reaper was doing about 50-60 damage each hit, and helped my grind immensely! I completed the quest, hearthed home to Southshore, and found that I had cleared out most of the quests I could do in Southshore. I flew to Ironforge and Stormwind to turn in some quests, and finally dinged 35! Finally, I can make some Gnomish Harm Prevention belts and get skill points for them, and make the battle chicken/Death ray at level 240. Then, I drop engineering, pick it back up, level to 200, talk to Narain Soothfancy in Tanaris, and respecc to Goblin. After that I think I’ll have Kishi be the keeper of the Mithril Mechanical Dragonlings, by making 9 of them in preparation for when each of the characters turns 40, and another 9 to use for Arcanite Dragonlings when they turn 50.

I also outfitted Kishi in Scarlet – The Chain of the Scarlet Crusade, to be precise. I had picked up the chest for about 50 gold, and the boots for probably about 5-10 gold, and of course the rest of the items were cheap. I got a +100 enchant for the chest, and 7 stamina for the gloves, and did the wrist and boot enchants myself. I think Kishi has about 1900 health now, but she’ll have to wait until I get into the Scarlet monastery to complete the set, since the leggings are a BOP reward from a SM boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment