Saturday, November 15, 2008

Ryoushigishi is planning ahead

2/27/08
Ding! Thrillkiller hit level 40 while in the spider cave in Dustwallow Marsh, after camping enough to get 2.5 stacks of Iron Ore and 1.5 stacks of Mithril Ore. Usually 2 Iron Veins, 1 Mithril Vein, a treasure chest in the middle, and occasionally a level 38 rare spider would spawn when I’d log in every couple of hours. I’d spend 3 minutes killing and mining the veins, then log back out and go back to Daggerspine. I ended up at 233 mining, which was enough to allow me to learn to smelt Truesilver Ore, but smelting it doesn’t give you any free mining points. It’s grey when you learn it. The next one, Thorium Ore, isn’t until 250.

Ryoushigishi is about halfway powerleveled right now, I just had to get enough mats to allow him to powerlevel comfortably. Since he’s my highest hunter on Daggerspine, I wanted to have him get the Sniper Scope recipe, since he’d be using it the most. Unfortunately, I also want him to make 9 Mithril Mechanical Dragonlings, and they (and Sniper Scopes) share Star Rubies as a mat, so I have to juggle my available supply. Star Rubies on Daggerspine usually can be gotten for 1 to 1.5 gold, but right now it’s about 3-5 gold, so I have to hoard what I’ve saved up. The mats required for 9 Mithril Dragonlings are pretty intensive. 9x2=18 Goblin Rocket Fuel, 9x2=18 Star Rubies, 9x14=126 Mithril Bar, 9x4=36 Heart of Fire, 9x2=18 Inlaid Mithril Cylinder (IMC).

Luckily, I have all professions, so Panzergishi is able to make IMC’s, but that’s 5 Mithril Bar, 1 Truesilver Bar, and 1 Golden Bar each. 18x5=90 Mithril Bar, 18 Truesilver Bar, and 18 Golden Bar.
Total cost = 216 Mithril Bar, 18 Truesilver Bar, 18 Golden Bar, 18 Goblin Rocket Fuel, 18 Star Rubies, 36 Heart of Fire.
And, I have to make another 9 Mithril Dragonlings with another character later on, in preparation for when I can use them to make Arcanite Dragonlings. Such is the life of an Altoholic….

Ryo also needs to leave some powerleveling skill points open for making Truesilver Transformers for Kishi, since she’ll use them to make Goblin Jumper Cables XL.
It sucks that I’m basically draining my toons dry of all my mithril and Truesilver, but I can send Kishi over to the Drywhisker Gorge in Arathi Highlands, and she can level up her mining skill with the Mithril/Iron/Gold and Lesser Bloodstone Ore that spawns in there, since I’ll need the Bloodstone for my toons to turn in to Krazek in Booty Bay for the broken Crockpot quest.

No comments:

Post a Comment