Tuesday, November 11, 2008

On starting a new server

2/5/08
I started up 3 new toons on Darrowmere last night. All Blood Elves so far, because…..I felt like it. Bloodshrike (female BE hunter) is lvl 4, mainly because of the xp from discovering new zones. I didn’t do any quests in her starting zone, which may have been a mistake. You get a 4 slot bag free from one of the earliest quests, and it’s really easy to go up levels and get a few silver when you start up. I took her immediately to Undercity/Brill/Tarren Mill to get the flight masters unlocked, then warped back to Brill to take the zeppelin to Grom’gol Base camp for the flight master, then to Orgrimmar for the flight master. After that I ran down to Razor Hill in Durotar, since that area is pretty rich in Copper Ore. However, I only had 15 copper after repairs (since my bow took damage along with my armor when I rezzed after ghost running), so I wasn’t able to get mining or the mining pick. What to do, what to do.
I’ll tell ya what to do. I started a new toon to serve as a Mail/AH alt, with the possibility of leveling it later. Doing the first 5 quests in the BE starting zone netted me about 5 silver, along with the 4 slot bag. This second toon is Clockwrkmage (Male BE mage), and it’ll definitely be my enchanter, since BE’s get a bonus to Enchanting (I think it’s +10). After I did those 5 quests, I was level 4, so I ran to Silvermoon to hang out and send Bloodshrike the silver so she could start mining in Durotar. I ran Bloodshrike up to the X-roads in the meantime, so she’d have the flight master there. But…...she only had 15 copper, which wasn’t enough to fly back to Orgrimmar and Durotar, which is where I can actually mine in safety, without being attacked by level 12-16 monsters. So, I logged back in after my hearthstone had cooled down, and hearthed back to Razor Hill, since I had set my hearth there.
After that I decided to make one more alt, just because I could. Psilentkill is my female BE rogue, and she looks pretty cool. The racial bonuses and starting stat bonuses on characters don’t matter as much if you’re experienced at playing a class, and at the end of the day, all that matters is that you’re having fun. If you don’t like the looks of your toon, will you want to play it? I did those first five quests, and then ran up to the first town that had an inn, so she could start collecting a well rested bonus. I might keep her in the Blood Elf lands until she’s gone through level 10, and gotten her first rogue quest, but I’m not sure. I probably should bring Bloodshrike back, because the hunter quest to tame your pet usually has to be offered in your racial capitol city.

No comments:

Post a Comment